1. Totebox Ltd (referred to as "We", "Us" and "Our") are a company based at Unit C Building 6 Royal Ordnance Depot, Weedon, Northants NN7 4PS. Our principal activities are the warehousing and distribution of a wide variety of storage and handling equipment. This statement describes Our policy and practices regarding Our processing of Personal Information on Our Website, www.totebox.co.uk (the "Site").
2. "Personal Information" means information relating to a living individual who can be identified from that information, or from that information together with other information that is held by or is likely to be held by Us.
3. It is Our Policy to ensure that we comply with all relevant statutory requirements to safeguard your Personal Information including the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") and the eight Data Protection Principles contained in the Act. We monitor Our internal procedures periodically to ensure Our compliance.
4. It is Our policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that the Personal Information held by Us is processed fairly and lawfully. We will take all necessary steps to implement this policy. All Our employees and data processors who have access to Personal Information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
5. You can access the Site home page and browse the Site without disclosing any Personal Information.
6. In order to provide you with the services we offer via the Site, however, (such as fulfilling product orders, sending out catalogues and responding to customer queries) We may need to obtain, use and store certain Personal Information about you. In addition, We may use your Personal Information to compile and analyse data to help us to improve Our services, products and/or the Site and to inform you about Our products and services, including special offers and other information that you may find useful. Information about Our products and services may be provided to you by post, telephone, email and/or fax. We may also wish to share your Personal Information with third parties in order that they may promote their products and/or services to you.
7. By providing your Personal Information you consent to our using it for the purposes described in paragraph 6 above unless you notify Us that you do not want your Personal Information to be used in this way. Whenever you are asked by Us to provide Personal Information you will have the opportunity to tick a box to indicate that you do not wish your Personal Information to be used for the purposes described in paragraph 6 above.
8. In addition, you may notify Us at any time that you do not wish Us to use your Personal Information for any or all of the purposes described in paragraph 6 above.
9. If you want to know what Personal Information We hold about you, please contact us for further information.
10. Personal Information about you may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area which may not have adequate data protection laws. In providing your Personal Information you consent to such a transfer. In addition, if you put Personal Information on publicly available parts of the Site, this will be accessible to persons in countries outside the European Economic Area.
11. We will monitor compliance with the provisions of the Act by third party processors of the Personal Information held by Us on an ongoing basis.
13. We regard Our databases of customer information (which will include your Personal Information) as a valuable asset. Should We sell or transfer any of Our business assets this may include the sale or transfer of such databases of information to third parties. In addition, such a transfer or sale may mean that your Personal Information is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. In providing your Personal Information you consent to such use of your Personal Information.
14. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children and you must be 18 years of age or older to register with Us.